Exercice anglais sur le preterit (le past simple)
Cliquez-ici pour télécharger et imprimer cette page d’ exercice en PDF gratuit (faites ‘enregistrer sous’).
Les corrections se trouvent en bas de page.
Mettez le verbe entre parenthèse au prétérit:
- Sam (visit) his girlfriend last weekend.
- Ray (arrive) two days ago.
- We (go) to the cinema last night.
- I (be) at the supermarket this morning.
- She (see) Sarah at the bar last week.
Complétez les phrases à la forme négative:
- I phoned Tina yesterday. => I Tina yesterday.
- I tidied up my room. => I up my room.
- Sam became a lawyer. => Sam a lawyer.
- We found the map. => We the map.
- He spoke Japanese to her. => He Japanese to her.
Faites des questions avec les mots entre parenthèses:
- (you/dance) at the club last night?
- (she/do) her homework?
- (Sam/work) at the post office?
- (He/help) you with the cleaning-up?
- When (I/say) that?
Mettre les verbes entre parenthèse au prétérit à la forme nécessaire:
- We for Paris yesterday. (leave)
- My friend (travel) to Japan last year.
- I (live) with my grandparents when I was a child.
- We (work) the whole night.
- She (spend) the whole day working at the mall.
- We (play) video games for an hour.
- Our team (win) the rugby trophy last year.
- you not (receive) my letter?
- She (not know) what she was supposed to do.
- The dog (enter) the room when I was sleeping.
Mettre les phrases suivantes au prétérit:
- We buy some food. →
- They catch a fish. →
- He crosses the road. →
- They do not sell cookies. →
- Does she play football? →
Posez les questions qui conviennent sur les parties en gras:
- Tom swam in the lake.
- Tina paid the rent.
- The lady gave me this cake.
- I felt bad.
- His stomach hurts because he ate too much.
Correction exercice 1
Correction exercice 2
- I phoned Tina yesterday. → I did not phone Tina yesterday.
- I tidied up my room. → I did not tidy up my room.
- Sam became a lawyer. → Sam did not become a lawyer.
- We found the map. → We did not find the map.
- He spoke Japanese to her. → He did not speak Japanese to her.
Correction exercice 3
- Did you dance at the club last night?
- Did she do her homework?
- Did Sam work at the post office?
- Did he help you with the cleaning-up?
- When did I say that?
Correction exercice 4
- Did you not receive
- did not know
Correction exercice 5
- We buy some food. → We bought some food.
- They catch a fish. → They caught a fish.
- He crosses the road. → He crossed the road.
- They do not sell cookies. → They did not sell cookies.
- Does she play football? → Did she play football?
Correction exercice 6
- Where did Tom swim?
- What did she pay?
- Who gave you this cake?
- How did you feel?
- Why did his stomach hurt?